Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why I Love Winter

 
 Isn't that picturesque? Snow just seems magical. 
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

 
The reality!
Did I have you fooled? Did you really think that I loved winter? Because the thing is, I DON'T!!!! I hate it. It's cold and wet and dirty and there is salt and sand everywhere. Blecht!

The last few days have been unseasonably warm and we had some rain so most of the snow had melted. This morning...more snow. It was a wet slushy snow. A really good snow for snow ball fights. That's about the only thing that kind of snow is good for. It took me over 45 minutes to make a commute that is usually under 20 minutes. 

I left work early today. The snow had stopped and the sun came out, but the temp was hovering around 34 so I knew once the sun went down it would all freeze up. When I got home the sun was going down, the snow was starting again and they were plowing the parking lot. 

About an hour and a half later I had to go outside. I had garbage to take out and had left the cat food in the car. The snow was gone. The sky was clear. The moon was almost full. It looked beautiful. The wind was also blowing like a hurricane! There was at least 2 inches in the very short time on the parking lot. I was slipping all over the place going to the dumpster. The temperature has dropped so much that the snow was really powdering. A really good snow for skiing. That's about the only thing that kind of snow is good for. I am not looking forward to cleaning off my car tomorrow. I can only hope the high winds will blow it clean. 

Don't be jealous!

2 comments:

Quin's momma said...

I feel your pain. Even though I live in OK, I did spend two LONG winters in MN. It's disgusting. My thoughts are with you.

Sara said...

What can I say, I basically hate winter and snow and ice and everything along with it. That second picture made me laugh though, it literally looks like that here from november to april, non-stop, ugg.