Friday, January 15, 2010

A confession and a complaint

Confession:
I have an online dating profile. There are some winners and some losers, but in this day and age it is the only way to meet adults to date.

Complaint:
There is a section on my site where you can write a post and others can comment on it. I asked about my profile. I wanted to know how others would change what I had written. Most comments are helpful. Some are unrealistic (mentioning I have kids will scare people away). One has me very angry.

Basically, the gist of his message was this:
 He started out ok. He said that vagueness 'works best for cute female profiles.' I thought that maybe he meant I was cute. Then he said that if you are 'less attractive then [sic] you need to be far more specific.' Well, maybe he was being general and not talking about me. BUT, then he said that I am so vague it 'reeks of bodies in the closet.'

Is this guy saying that I am not attractive? And did he really have to go there? For the record I have added here the picture I have up. I think I look nice.


7 comments:

Lauri said...

FYI: I let a trusted friend read the profile and was assured it was not vague at all.

Anonymous said...

You do look nice, and that's a great picture.

That guy is a douche (can I say that?).

Don't let his comment make you self-conscious. You're lovely! If he can't see that, who needs him?

Brenda said...

Bodies in the closet?! Fa-reak! How do you even respond to that? More than likely you can't. He sounds like a lunatic. Really.

Her Highness Andromeda the Fluffy said...

What a jerk. Anytime you post anything on the net, there's bound to be some asshat there to bring you down. Your picture is gorgeous and some people just like to make others feel bad for no reason. Don't worry, it's happened to me with YouTube videos before.

Lauri said...

I am so happy that I have such supportive friends. Thank you so much for your comments.

Sara said...

D-bag for sure, he obviously can't handle the whole package that you embody. I'm curious, do you think he has a whole 'cute to vagueness' ratio formula??

Anonymous said...

The cuteness to vagueness ratio is the same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.