Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy 29th Birthday (for the 6th time), Brenda!!

This, world, is one of the most amazing people I have ever known, Brenda. We met in 7th grade and she instantly hated me. By 8th grade we were best of friends. I owe many of my better qualities to having her as a best friend for all these years. She is funny, the kind of funny we all want to be. She is creative and talented. She is beautiful. She is loving, kind, and patient when she really has to be. She is also a cynic and a doubter. But she is by far the bravest and strongest person I know by far.
We were a family one Halloween. This is Brenda as Mom

When we were in school Brenda would bring in stickers for the entire month of February and put them on our hands each day so that we would not forget her birthday. We would have sleepovers at her house pretty often and usually watch The Princess Bride or Say Anything. And M & Ms had to be part of the gathering.


She has 3 brothers and 2 sisters who are all beautiful and creative and smart and funny. And her parents are wonderful, friendly, loving people who embraced all her wacky friends with open arms. I miss those days of hanging out at her house. So many year have passed.

But I have been lucky because she and I have kept in touch. We are not in touch always. We lost track a few times and then found each other again. We live across the country from each other now and rarely are both home at the same holidays. But I feel like she has never really been gone from me. 
I missed her wedding. That was very hard for me. I wanted to be there so badly. And it was awhile before I met her husband, Matt. Even then we really did not get a chance to know each other. Then nearly a year and a half ago he passed away. I can't imagine what she has been through. Yet, she still listens to my petty issues and can always make me smile.

She and Matt have 3 beautiful boys. I don't know how she keeps up with them. I know the thought makes me weak. Yet she not only is there for them, she goes the extra mile. She makes the best Halloween costumes ever. Her home looks like a magazine for the holidays. And she finds time to blog, make quilts, bake and who knows what else! How can she be so amazing?

So, today I wanted her to know that I was thinking of her. To know that she means the world to me. And I know I am not the only person who feels this way.

So, Happy Birthday, 
Brenda Marie! I love you. 
  
Seth as Nacho Libre last Halloween.

Please don't kill me for some of the photos I have shared today. And forgive me that it is up the night before. I would have been very upset if I had forgotten while at work tomorrow.

How hot is this woman? WOW.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I don't know what I did to deserve that tribute, but that was the sweetest thing you could have done for my birthday. My 2 birthdays since Matt died have been the hardest days of the year. Amazing how my feelings about my birthday have changed since high school...maybe I should have revived the sticker tradition.

I can't even imagine where you got some of those pictures, but thank you. I love you!

Lauri said...

I stole them off Facebook, your blog and your family's blog. :) I am sneaky.

Anonymous said...

That last picture of Brenda - SMOKIN!

-Judy (Remis) Ford

Mom said...

Brenda's Mom here...Well, Lauri, that is nice for Brenda and for us as a family. It was always a good thing to have all of you kids over for Brenda's "get togethers". I don't think we were allowed to call them parties. Wish you could have come the last time some of the gang were here. Nice to see you all keeping in touch.