Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Final Countdown...

I have 2 weeks and 6 days until the moving van gets here and I have to move all of my belongings. I am in a bit of a panic. I started finally packing today. It looks like I have gotten no where after about 5 boxes. Yes, only 5. The problem is that life still happens. I have so much laundry still. It's nuts. How can I do laundry AND pack? And I have to do dishes and bathe kids and clean the litter box, etc... Oh, and work. I am really worried it won't get done. I am taking a break now because we just had dinner and baths. I think I need a down moment. When the kids got to bed I will do a few more boxes.

What really bothers me about packing is that even with plans and good intentions it just doesn't get done right. I told myself that this time I wouldn't just throw things in boxes. I will label them in detail. I will make sure not to pack anything that I don't need, just give it away. And I won't pack all my books together because they just weigh too much. But all that is easier said than done. It's still early, sort of. Maybe I will keep it up. In the meantime I leave you with this to enjoy:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain- we have moved 13 times in the last 15 years, and 11 of those moves we have done it without the help of a company. Ugh. My trick to packing all the clothes/towels/sheets is to get every stitch of laundry done first, then pack everyone a suitcase to live out of (7 outfits, one towel, one set of sheets), and then pack everything else in boxes. It takes an entire day, but it's worth it. Good luck!